Humans are, by nature, explorers. We like to see stuff. We like to go places. Adventure is in our blood.

But, as we get older, our sense of adventure gets muted by jobs, family, and other responsibilities that we all face as adults. Too many things pull us in too many different ways.

And, that's a shame.

Before you know it, you're looking back over the years of your life and counting your most exciting memories on one hand. Everything else simply blurs into a time span of nothing more than existence.

We all started out as the greatest of adventurers - as children. Everything was new, all we wanted to do was explore. It didn't matter if it was the woods in the back, or that cupboard that mom locked up and won't let us into.

For those of you with kids, you know what I'm talking about. Remember when they first started to crawl? They went and looked at everything, and everything was exciting. You couldn't get them to sit still no matter what.

Then, we got older and we were taught it was necessary to plan. Make sure you have every "I" dotted and "t" crossed. Otherwise, bad things will happen, you won't finish school, you won't get a job... and the flame of adventure got a little weaker.

Then, we got even a little older (yes, it does happen), and we were taught it was critical to plan. Plan for retirement, plan for the kids, plan for your next vacation. Otherwise, bad things will happen, you won't retire, your vacation will be boring... and the flame of adventure got a little weaker still.



I ride almost daily, weather permitting,(no ice or tornadoes) and you made me excited to ride home in the morning! My friends all know I ride and, almost every weekend, go on some kind of trip somewhere. Most have learned to not ask where I am going, but rather, where I have been. See, the answer to to the first is always the same, "Where ever my front tire goes, I'll be following it!" Pick a general destination and find "the other way" to get there. You will seldome be disappointed. Just make sure to stop for gas before you need to. I meet so many new people on my rides that I would otherwise miss out on finding if I rode to the red line on the fuel guage. Seems alot of folks like to talk to the rider that just rumbled into their sleepy back woods town,"where ya from" or "where ya goin to" usually opens the dialogue. And there is the occasional Old Fella who says, with a distant gleam in his eyes who laments "I remember ridin' when I was younger...."
Take time to meet these people,turn a kind ear and word toward them. I promise you will be in their minds long after your tail light has faded into the distance and the sound of your engine is just a fond memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Advertising: Automatic Pallet

FREE Digital Skills Training.

Unilever Campus Ambassadors Recruitment 2015